Support for Carillion subcontractors
Support for Carillion subcontractorsSource: HM Revenue & Customs | | 24/01/2018
HMRC has published a press release following the financial collapse of Carillion. Given the current uncertainty for subcontractors, HMRC understands that some businesses will be experiencing problems paying their tax bill.
HMRC is reminding affected taxpayers that the Business Payment Support Service (BPSS), is available to help provide practical advice and guidance. The BPSS was first launched back in 2008 and is still available to taxpayers. The purpose of the service is to provide support for viable businesses experiencing a wide range of tax problems.
HMRC has said that the BPSS can:
- agree instalment arrangements if you’re unable to pay your tax on time following the Carillion collapse
- suspend any debt collection proceedings
- review penalties for missing statutory deadlines
- reduce any payments on account
- agree to defer payments due to short-term cash flow difficulties
Any businesses that are having difficulties making VAT, income tax, national insurance contributions, corporation tax, and pay as you earn payments can contact the BPSS helpline on 0300 200 3835.
E. firstname.lastname@example.org T. 07919221876